picture adapted from an image in The Biology Coloring Book, illustrated by Cinthia Vadala

Friday, August 20, 2010

You Are Not Alone

The dust is settling on the ol' blog once again. I have several blog posts in the works, but haven't had the time to do them justice (I've been "single-parenting" again; these weeks with hubby out of town are always crazy). I'll get back to it, but in the meantime...

The Thinking Atheist has a lot of great videos (including this one, that strikes closer to home than you can possibly imagine), but I watched "You Are Not Alone" this morning and smiled. If you are an atheist, agnostic, or freethinker in the United States, it's easy to feel alienated. Most of us keep to ourselves; a silent minority. Many are still "in the closet" out of fear of repercussions if they come out. It's good to be reminded of those who are/were "out" and still successful and respected. Sometimes it helps just to know we are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment