picture adapted from an image in The Biology Coloring Book, illustrated by Cinthia Vadala

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Oh, that's right...I have a blog!



Usually I talk about dusting off my blog when it's been awhile since my last post. Well...from the look of things around here, I'm going to have to do more than dusting. This calls for some major spring cleaning, and a fresh start! It seems I've been a bit preoccupied for the past few months...

I was reminded of my poor, neglected blog recently when freelance writer and fellow skeptic, Melanie Mallon, requested to do a piece about my work in Antarctica for Teen Skepchick. We talked about what I did there, as well as my thoughts on science education and my experiences as a skeptic. I'm really grateful for the opportunity to share my experiences and voice my opinions on topics I'm really passionate about: scientific literacy and skepticism. I'm also grateful because it brought me back here...the place that's been gathering dust for far too long.

So...please excuse me while I pull out the central vac, the steam mop, and swiffer duster. I've got a lot to do around here. Oh, and while I'm working...please check out Melanie's piece at Teen Skepchick (and browse the site...it's great! I wish it had been around when I was a teen!) :

1 comment: